Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Halfway point changes everything (MIDTERM POST)

I got all my grades back recently and I think it has finally settled in... I can't get 90%+ in my classes anymore... or at least the chances and usefulness of that happening...is quite low (since an 85% is a 4.0 GPA)

look at this...


GradesGrade PointsNumerical Scale of Marks
A4.085 - 100%
A-3.780 - 84%
B+3.375 - 79%
B3.070 - 74%
B-2.765 - 69%
C+2.360 - 64%
C2.055 - 59%
D1.050 - 54%
F (Fail)00 - 49%


I asked my third year friend about the grading policy if you have a 79%...  Do you get a 3.6? a 3.5? a 3.3? ....

Apparently if you have 80%, you get a 3.7...but once you get a 79%, you get a 3.3 GPA.. T__T A- to B+.... because of ONE PERCENT.... If you get 79, you might as well have gotten 75% cause you get the same grade... If you get a 90%, you might as well have gotten a 85%... Everything seems somehow..so unfair 0.0

What does this show?

I'm fighting an impossible battle T___T

I WISH THEY DIDNT ENFORCE A 65%-74.99% GAHHHHH!!!!!!!  Because it kinda demotivates me for some reason...  but honestly if you had to ask me what was the biggest regret of my life university life?

It's going into that stupid Honors Program.. Am i retarded? A bad GPA in an honors class is USELESS! If your GPA sucks, you're doomed because no one CARES THAT YOUR in honors if you have bad grades! WARNING FOR ALL STUDENTS IN CEGEP: TAKE BIRD COURSES :/  and bird programs

Since the honors courses are year-long, it is apparently really important to do well in the first semester because the second half of the year is a lot harder than the first half...so you need to have at least a 90% grade average to get a good/average grade for the whole year...

AM i making sense? I'm kinda tired T__T so I apologize for any nonsensical comments...

Point is, I found a video that I think is kinda...interesting..

It talks about the grading system in Mcgill. IF you're interested! Check it out


CLICK UNDERNEATH lol..I can't add it onto this blog post cause it's not even a youtube video T__T lol
MCGILL GRADES VIDEO BOO HOO

PS. sorry if you guys didnt care about anything I wrote about in this post...

1 comment:

  1. boo hoo for grading policies :(
    It's okay we're all going through the same thing...you still have the finals! Don't give upppp <3

    ReplyDelete